The train station is the keystone of a multifaceted push for connectivity between communities within the airport corridor.
Our goal is to completely restore this historic landmark, and transform it into a multi-use events center and café, specifically acting as a waystation for bicycle tourists and other active users of the Ohio River Greenway Trail, which will run across 3rd Street, directly in front of the train station.
But we cannot achieve our goals alone. Find out how you can help.
Phase 2 is continuing. You can track our progress by following our Facebook page, and check out the links to the media items below. Or, come to one of our volunteer work days and lend a hand! Updates on when these dates are happening, and RSVPs can be submitted through our Facebook page, by clicking here.
The train station is a featured attraction in the new Walk Coraopolis program. We even have our own sign along the trail! Learn more about this great program here.
Through the Ohio River Trail Project's Bicycle Parking Program, the Coraopolis Train Station has received five 'inverted-U' bike racks to form a bicycle corral on a sidewalk outside the station. We are so grateful for their generosity!
The Trail Town Program has featured our project on their website! The Trail Town Program works in small and rural towns across western Pennsylvania and western Maryland, focusing on community and economic development around trail tourism and outdoor recreation.
in the news
- March 1, 2018 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - "Finial caps Coraopolis train station project"
- March/April 2018 - Allegheny West Magazine - "Marty Celedonia and Greg Sanders... secure a new finial on top of the bell tower..."
- February 13, 2018 - Gazette 2.0 - "Topping it off"
- July/August 2017 - Allegheny West Magazine - "Save our station! Coraopolis train station project taking shape"
- September 2, 2016 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - "Coraopolis train station project steams ahead with grant"
- July 19, 2016 - Beaver County Times - "Renovation for Coraopolis train station awarded grant"
- June 30, 2016 - WESA - "Coraopolis train station revitalized through community commitment"
- April 27, 2016 - Trib Live - "Former Coraopolis train station in midst of transformation"
- February 12, 2016 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - "Old Coraopolis train station yields memorabilia"
- January 2016 - Allegheny West Magazine - "New Coraopolis history website..."
- December 28, 2015 - Beaver County Times - "Coraopolis train station project work continues"
- December 9, 2015 - Trib Live - "Renovations under way at Coraopolis train station"
- October 29, 2015 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - "Construction begins on transforming Coraopolis train station"
- May 23, 2015 - Beaver County Times - "Residents trying to give iconic Coraopolis passenger station new life via social media campaign"
- April 17, 2015 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - "Effort underway to restore iconic Coraopolis train station"
- March 19, 2015 - Trib Live - "Foundation makes online plea to preserve Coraopolis railroad station"
- May 14, 2014 - Trib Live - "Coraopolis rallies to save train station"
- February 28, 2014 - Beaver County Times - "Group trying to save Coraopolis train station"
- January 31, 2014 - CBS Pittsburgh - "Local pastor working to save old Coraopolis station"
We were also previously featured on Pittsburgh's own NPR News Station, WESA 90.5 FM Essential Pittsburgh. Marcus Charleston put together this fantastic segment, which you can listen to below, or access on their website.
- Coraopolis Train Station Project's Case Statement
- Opportunities for Patrons and Benefactors: Maximize your Sponsorship
Join with us, as we partner with our community to ignite regional growth and revitalization in the Ohio River Valley!
- ORTC Coraopolis Train Station Area Concept Plan
- The Ohio River Greenway Trail South Shore Connector Feasibility Study
- PA Walkworks Coraopolis Borough Route Map
- Three Rivers Heritage Trail Connector Pittsburgh to Coraopolis Feasibility Study
- Ohio River Brownfields Planning Project Borough of of Coraopolis, Project Overview
- Moon Township Riverfront Park Master Plan
- Allegheny County Sports and Athletic Complex at Montour Junction
- ACTA Pittsburgh Airport Bike Connections Map
- Tri-State Trail Initiative Map